Alligator and Airboat Fun Facts ...
are some really cool fun facts about one of our most
requested sights ... the Florida Alligator. While on our
airboat rides you will get to see these amazing creatures up
close and very personal.
You will also have the opportunity to see bald eagles,
snail kites and other amazing birds. Also, there is a chance
depending on the time of day you may see wild pigs, white
tail deer and Osceola turkeys.
Alligator Fun Facts ...
- Male alligators on average are 13 feet long and
weigh about 1,000 pounds. Females usually do not reach
- Airplanes in America collide with an average of 1
alligator a year on runways (according to federal
- Alligator’s jaw muscles used for biting (closing
mouth) are very strong. However, the muscles an
alligator uses to open its mouth are weak—one can hold
the jaw shut with bare hands or a piece of duck tape.
- An alligator cannot move its tongue, and must raise
its head to swallow.
- To hatch, baby alligators use their egg tooth (at
the tip of their jaw) to break the egg.
Our Recent Airboat Brochure ...
More Fun Facts about Turtleback Airboat Adventures ...
Tom and Jerrys Airboat Adventures are exciting, and close to everything in
Central Florida. We are just a few minutes away from;
- Glades Herp Farm, Home of the "Swamp Brothers" as
seen on Discovery Channel.
- Orlando, Universal Studios, Sea World and the
Orlando International Airport
- Kissimmee, Walt Disney World, Old Town
- Tampa, Tampa Bay, St Petersburg, Clearwater, Busch
- Ocala, Gainesville, Leesburg, Bushnell, The
Villages, Webster's Flea Market
- Florida Turnpike, Interstate 75, Interstate 4
- Near Canyon Zip Lines
- Ocala Don Garlin Racing
- Crystal River Manatee Tours